Thursday, January 13, 2011

I-Spy Quilt!

For those of you who were in I-Spy Swap #1, you will recognize these squares! I wish I could take credit for this beautiful quilt, but this is the work of Yvette, who participated in the swap. She emailed these pictures to me and I wanted to share them. Yvette says she calls this quilt "The Road to Grandma's House." The quilt is 59 x 62 without a border, and she said it took her about a week to do. I just love it, and I know Yvette's grandkids will too!If any of you want me to post your I-Spy projects, let me know! Or if you have a blog, I will link back to it. It's fun to see what everyone comes up with. As for me, I made another I-Spy quilt, this time for my sister, almost identical to the one I made before. I saw the design on Crafterhours. I still have plenty of I-Spy squares left from Swap #2, and I'm sure I'll figure something out! In the meantime, I picked up a jelly roll, a layer cake, and some extra yardage of Moda's Dream On, which I have been eying for a while and I just love! It reminds me of the sheets I used to sleep on in the 80's! Another quilt?

3 comments:

  1. I'm in loooooooooooooooove!!!! What a gorgeous I-Spy quilt; thanks for sharing the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing I-Spy quilt and I have to say I like the natural color with the colorful I-spy's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ispy quilt! Another twist on it. I like how the rectangles had ispy in them as well and it wasnt just the squares. Will have to add that to my list!

    ReplyDelete