Saturday, February 21, 2009

Photo Book

I don't know about you, but we have tons of relatives on both sides of our family. Our kids know my immediate family, and some of my husband's, but the rest they hardly ever see and that makes it hard for them to get to know their other cousins.
This cute little ring binder used to be my address book. But after so many years and address changes, it was time to get a new one. I couldn't part with the cute binder, so I saved it to make it into something. When my sister made my kids a homemade book with laminated pages for Christmas, it gave me an idea of what to do with this thing.
I bought some heavy laminating sheets at Walmart (Scotch brand, not Avery) and made copies of pictures of family members. Then I cut the laminating sheets into four pieces to make smaller pages. I typed out the person's name to caption each picture. Then I just punched the holes in the side and filled the binder. The only thing I would have done differently is back the pictures with paper so that you can't see through underneath where the names are.
The nice thing about this is that I can update a single person's photo without throwing out the whole book. And I can add people as I go too. I didn't add our relatives who live far away because I didn't have any pictures of them, but I think I'll ask them to send a picture of their kids so our family can get better acquainted at least with their faces.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while. This is a simple and affodable way! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea. I will mail you some pictures of my kids. I should put together one of these for my kids. They don't get to see their cousins that often. Emma is always asking me who someone is when she see's a picture. And now that she is learning how to read, she can try to read the name that goes with the picture. Thanks for another cute idea.

    ReplyDelete