Friday, November 28, 2008

Freezer Paper Stencils

I have been torn lately because I found some cute ideas for Christmas gifts, but since I need them to be a surprise, I can't post them yet. They aren't Christmas themed, so they will work for any time of the year. I'll post what I've been working on after Christmas!

In the meantime, I tried freezer paper stenciling. My cousin-in-law (I hate that term) is a pro at freezer paper stenciling and has a great tutorial on her blog, so check it out for detailed instructions. Basically, you can create your own stencil for fabric painting with freezer paper, which you can pick up at Walmart or a grocery store.I tried my hand at the stenciling, and although it can be time consuming depending on how intricate your design is, it is pretty fool-proof and therefore, a great project for me!

I decided to do a few pirate-themed skull and crossbones shirts with a few images I got off of Google. Here they are with the stencil still stuck to them.
And here are the finished products! I think they turned out pretty well for my first time. The boy shirt did bleed a little outside of the stencil, but I kind of like the effect!
I also made a few more girl versions in pastel colors and made a matching tutu to go with them. These sets would make great birthday gifts as well. I'll probably be selling these on my Etsy website soon.

8 comments:

  1. Those are SO cute! I will be mad at you if you don't start selling your creations on ETSY. You are way too good and creative to NOT do it...Way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you tried the Freezer Paper stenciling! Great design idea and cute with the tutus. I also like the shirts you used with the puff sleeves. Very girlie. I love gathered sleeves any day of the week.
    Cute stuff!
    Can't wait to see your other stuff after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a good idea! they are really cute! good job connie! you're so creative. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea. I'll have to try something out. And how did you make the tutu?? I think that's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO CUTE!!! I'm going to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are adorable! I might have to buy one! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unsecured online home improvement loan do not require any collateral but requires you to fulfill some requirements relating to monthly income, Freezer Repair

    ReplyDelete